Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Sarah Palin/Lynne Spears


From a reader comes this word:

"Headline News Showbiz Tonight: I just saw the hostess compare Gov. Palin to Lynne Spears!"

This reader was on to something. The comparison is starting to gather steam in the media. There is also a post on an LA Times blog that is headlined:
Is Sarah Palin the new Lynne Spears? Ask Lindsay Lohan!
Right, media, I can see the comparison. They both have dark hair. They're both women. They're both in the public eye. Yeah, I know, they both have/had pregnant teenage daughters (except wasn't Jamie Lynn 15?).

Oh, and I forgot. Lynne took on members of her own party, was elected governor by defeating two governors, went toe-to-toe with the oil companies, was a small-town mayor, brought ethics charges against the head of the state GOP, tackled spending, and hunts moose... yeah, wow, they do have a LOT in common.

Oh, wait, that's right. They have nothing in common. Lynne's just the mother of a celebrity. Maybe the media should be comparing her to Obama's mother. (Just kidding. That was a low blow, but it was set up so nicely. I suppose this is just payback for McCain's Britney ad.)

Actually, though, it turns out that I sold Lohan short. She actually makes more sense on HER blog than, well, Campbell Brown (at least according to Lohan's blog per the LA Times' blog. I didn't waste my time to really look up Lohan's blog):
"I think the real problem comes from the fact that we are taking the focus off of getting to know Sarah Palin and her political views, and what she can do to make our country a less destructive place. Its distracting from the real issues, the real everyday problems that this country experiences."


No comments: