Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Funny

No, this is not an example of sexism. I am not going to call every joke at Sarah Palin's expense sexism. This joke is pretty funny. On the other hand, why is Obama so laugh-proof to comedians, but Palin is not? I'm not sure that's sexist. It may just be ideological slant or fear of being called racist driving it. But I guess comedians find Palin and her small-town lifestyle pretty darn funny. Still, I got a laugh at the following paragraph.
"The Palin family crisis that we were talking about on Sunday and Monday ... has been solved now, and today the baby is being adopted by Angelina Jolie," CBS "Late Show" host David Letterman deadpanned on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't read your entire site yet so I hope this is not a repeat but:

My favorite joke has been:

How do you get the press to stop covering the Palin's daughter's pregnancy?

Tell them the baby is John Edwards'.

I hope you don't think that's sexism because clearly to me it's a nice shot at the media bias.